Cryptography 201 – Algorithms and Analysis
Making informed decisions regarding cryptography require a deeper knowledge of the differentiators between available algorithms, methods, and modes. Although creating these algorithms, methods, and modes is extremely difficult, understanding them isn’t nearly as difficult as you might think.
By the end of this session you will have learned:
- How computer systems build entropy
- How cryptographic algorithms differ and why some are better than others
- How hashing algorithms work and what makes some more brute force resistant than others
- How key derivation functions work and what makes some less crackable than others
- Why quantum computing is so scary to cryptographers and what you can do today to protect your applications