Fortifying Your Defenses with Threat Modeling
Properly securing your applications and data require an understanding of the threats facing them. Threat modeling is the methodology for identifying and quantifying the threats your application can and will face. There are a number of resources available for performing a threat model but this session will get you started building a strategy from nothing.
You will learn:
- How threat modeling works
- How to map out your application and its assets, levels of trust, and dependencies
- How to properly rank threats with a standard ranking model
- Simple risk mitigation strategies
- How to inject threat modeling into your software development lifecycle