The Grumpy Programmer’s Introduction to Unit Testing
What if you could learn how to write tests from someone who has been using them for a long time and also knows how to explain it in a way that cuts down on the fear and anxiety while teaching you what you need to go to get started immediately?
In this full-day training, Chris will teach people the basics of writing tests using PHPUnit. Topics covered include:
- high-level discussion of the role of testing
- the Arrange-Act-Assert pattern
- what a PHPUnit test file looks like and where to locate them
- test doubles and when to use them
- data providers
- strategies for building test scenarios
Attendees will need the following: a laptop with PHP 7.2 (or whatever the most stable version is), the most recent stable version of PHPUnit installed, and be ready to actually write tests.