API Adventure: A Twilio Quest
This full-day event on May 24th, hosted by Twilio is a live, self-directed training for developers who want to level up their Twilio skills. NOTE: Twilio will cover the costs for anyone interested in attending from an under-represented diversity group in technology. Please contact us to discuss this.
What’s API Adventure?
Held the day after php[tek] for an additional fee, API Adventure is a full day of live, self-directed training for developers who want to level up their Twilio skills.
On-site mentors from Twilio will guide you through a self-paced, choose-your-own-adventure coding experience that’s built on Twilio’s education platform: TwilioQuest.
What to expect on your API Adventure
We won’t spend the day talking at you with PowerPoints and lectures. While there will be some presentation from a Twilio expert, it’s definitely not a passive, sit-and-listen sort of experience!
On your API Adventure, you’ll:
- Conquer code exercises: Get hands-on experience with foundational APIs like Voice or SMS — or try new Twilio APIs for the first time.
- Collaborative challenges: Come together with other API Adventurers, or bring your own team, to work on fun collaborative challenges.
- Learn from Twilio experts: Hear from Twilio product experts on introductory and advanced topics around Twilio products.
- Every new skill you pick up will earn you experience points and rad loot (both virtual and real world) in TwilioQuest as you continue your Twilio journey.
Is the API Adventure for me?
Probably! All you need is a willingness to get your hands dirty and build something with Twilio.
Whether you build with your own code, Twilio Studio (our visual development environment), or a combination of the two, you’ll be in the right place.
Developers and technical folks of all skill levels are encouraged to attend. We’ll have challenges and content for:
- Seasoned Twilio developers looking to master the platform
- Developers just getting started with Twilio
- Technical leaders and team members who want to learn Twilio basics and build without code
We are constantly amazed at how Twilio developers have changed the world with the software they create. Join us for an API Adventure, and discover your power to do the same.
This full-day class will run on Friday May 24th, the day after the main conference ends from 9am until 5pm, with included lunch & breaks.
A separate ticket is required for this event, which may be purchased independently, or with a conference ticket.